Thursday, October 1, 2015

Grants Farm

Back in May we went to Grant's Farm one day.  I realized I never wrote about it and it was such a fun day! I had just gone back to work from maternity leave a week or two earlier and we were out to breakfast one random Tuesday that Eric and I were both off.  Eric suggested a trip to Grant's Farm and we were all game.  I hadn't been since I was little so I was excited to experience it again. 


Look at that teeny tiny Ollie baby! He looks so skinny!


The first thing we went to was the Clydesdale stables. Elle loved this! You could pay to do a more in-depth tour of the Clydesdale area but we skipped that this time. No matter how many times I see these huge horses it is always so neat. 


Ollie boy found it quite boring. :)


Making our way into Grant's Farm. As you walk in they have you take a picture that you can later purchase with a bald eagle.  The eagle didn't like something about Eric and took off trying to fly at him but was jerked back when he got to the end of his rope.  Scared me to death!




Elle chose to go on a little horse ride.  I was a nervous wreck having her ride by herself...so I was the crazy lady yelling "hold on tight!!!" during her entire ride. 




Such a big girl. 


After the horse ride we stopped for snow cones. 






And after a purple snow cone she needed a clothing change! She was a wet, purple mess!



Next up was the highlight of Elle's day. We tried to feed the goats earlier in the day but it was so busy, so it was a reminder all day for her to be good.  "You have to be a good girl if you want to feed the goats later!"









The main reason she was so excited was she got to feed them a bottle.  After seeing me feed Oliver she was so excited to get to do it herself.




I have videos of her feeding the goats and they are so cute!  Hearing her talk to them and telling each of them to wait their turn was adorable. 

I'm a bit of a germaphobe and not a big fan of petting zoos so it was a true test to my anxiety seeing my baby surrounded by these goats!  I told her 100 times do not touch your mouth until we wash your hands!





At one point Elle "baaaaad" like a goat and then about 20 other goats joined in.  It was hilarious. 





Around this time the goats started biting her hair and my clothes so mama was done!  I picked her up and we made our way out of there with a gaggle of goats trying to follow us.




Such a fun little day!

No comments:

Post a Comment