Thursday, October 29, 2015

Oliver Russell - 6 months

Our sweet boy turned 6 months old in August. Crazy how fast the first 6 months flew by.

Oliver is sitting up on his own...but still can wobble over and face plant at a moments notice.




 He loves loves loves eating mum-mums, they are one of his favorite things.  He has tried several fruits and vegetables, he eats everything ok (except avocados) but nothing sticks out as a favorite. 

This boy is still scratching his head like crazy.  When Elle was a baby she would grab her lovey when she was tired and rub it on her face...Oliver scratches his head when he is getting sleepy.  We typically put socks on his hands as he is falling asleep.  I keep his little nails as short as I can but he still manages to scratch himself. 



Of course big sissy wanted in on the picture taking. 



I took Elle and Ollie to his 6 month check-up.  



Everything started happy, check-up was going smoothly but as the doctor was listening to his heart she noticed what looked like popped blood vessels on his chest (which I had assumed was eczema). She became concerned (which made my heart drop so deep into my stomach) and told us he would need to have blood drawn so they could test his numbers.  He was scheduled to have shots that day but she said it was more important that he go to the hospital for blood work. #sob 

Eric and I took him to the hospital and Elle fell asleep in the car on the way there so I headed in with Ollie so Elle could finish her nap.  Ollie and I both cried the whole time.  After reminding them several times to see the results to my doctor immediately I got a call from Ollie's pediatrician about 2 hours later saying all was good and the spots all over his chest must just be eczema. Eric and I were so relieved!!!

We love this chunky, ticklish, smiley, cuddly, mama's boy to pieces!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment