Monday, January 20, 2014

ONE

I remember the moment Eleanor was born so vividly, it's almost impossible to believe that was already a year ago.  I think these little cheeks received about 300 kisses within her first 24 hours of life. :)



Our first year with her has been the best year of my life so I wanted to make sure we celebrated this little lady to the max.  Eric and I both took the day off to have some fun with our birthday baby.  We started the day by playing in her new little cottage (between her Birthday & Christmas her playroom is outta control right now).


Our plan was to take her for a quick visit with Santa and then to head out to lunch and The Magic House but we had a little trouble finding Santa on a Thursday afternoon.  Much to Elle's dismay we found him!  She likes the idea of Santa but leaving Mama's arms to sit on his lap wasn't her idea of fun.



After Santa we grabbed some lunch at Cheesecake Factory and Elle decided to turn dessert into her very own "smash cake".





After lunch and a carousel ride we took her to the toy store and let her pick out anything she wanted, she settled on an oddly realistic looking giraffe figurine.  She actually first wanted the bull figurine but I was able to sway her to the somewhat better looking giraffe.  These things look like something you would use for a science fair project, nothing cute and cuddly about them.  Odd choices, Eleanor!
 




That night my mom, Mary and Henry came over for some more present opening, dinner and cake.  All in all I think Elle had a really fun day.


 

 
12 Month highlights:
- Favorite food = pizza
- identifies Santa and says "ho ho ho"
- sleeps with her lovey in her crib, always wants lovey when she's tired or cranky
- no more formula or bottles!  Drinks whole milk from her sippy cups
- tried apple juice for 1st time
- loves to give kisses (Uncle TT gets more kisses than anyone)
- talkative and answers questions
- has a sweet tooth
 






 
The saying time flies when you're having fun is so very true.  This girl is my world.  She introduced me to a kind of love I didn't know existed, a head over heels, pure joy, so happy I could cry, do anything in the world for her type of love. And even that description does it absolutely no justice.

I love you Eleanor Bailey Hylton, to the moon and back a hundred times.


No comments:

Post a Comment