Thursday, March 17, 2016

Truman Trip

Last year we took Elle to Columbia for a Mizzou basketball game right before Oliver was born.  We had so much fun we decided to (hopefully) make this an annual trip. 

We left on Saturday afternoon, arrived and checked into our hotel.  Elle was so excited to pack her Frozen suitcase she got from my mom and dad for Christmas.  How adorable is this girl with her suitcase, purse and lovey. 


I am such an OCD germ freak...it killed me to watch Oliver crawl on the floor. I mean it was a nice, very clean hotel...but still.  I also always pack a ziplock baggie for the TV remote.  I once read those are the most germ infested items in a hotel room. 


After we checked in, dropped off our bags we went for a quick dinner at Steak N Shake then headed to the basketball game.  Before the game I raced Elle court-side so she could see Truman.  As she was hugging him and taking her picture they started the announcements for Senior Night so we made it just in time to tell him hello.  I later joked with Eric that we basically go on this trip for that 1 minute Elle is able to hug Truman and tell him hi. :)





Ollie's first Mizzou game. I picture these two at many many more games in the future. 


Eric wasn't too happy about Ollie's binkie for the game (thanks Aunt Mary!!). He was even heckled by an extremely over zealous fan. I mean this lady was screaming at the top of her lungs to the players how worthless they are. #classy It was much better that he was sitting in Eric's lap and not mine because I only caught on after the fact. I may not be my father or sister but we share the same blood...and Oliver is my baby so....Mama wouldn't have been as nice. :)


Cheering on her team.


At one point during the game Elle and I ventured out to find Dippin' Dots.  Elle ordered cotton candy (holy sweet!!) and Ollie and I shared banana split. I loooove Dippin Dots, by far my favorite ice cream. This was Oliver's first time trying it and he loved it just as much as I do. 


She ran into the grocery store with Eric after the game and came out with this necklace shot glass/whistle. 



All ready to hit the pool!  They had about 45 minutes of pool time before it closed for the night. 


Eric and Elle went to the pool while I stayed in the room and put Oliver to bed. 


The next morning Elle and I went to the pool while Eric stayed back in the room with Oliver.  I wanted Oliver to swim but Eric convinced me the water was way too cold for him.  After going to the pool I realized Eric just wanted to lay in bed and watch ESPN because the water was perfectly fine!

Once Elle and I got back to the room we were packing up and getting ready to head to breakfast.  She wanted privacy while changing in the bathroom so I stepped out and not 1 minute later I heard the worst scream ever.  I had left my straightening iron plugged in and she reached up and touched it.  As soon as I heard her scream I knew what I happened.  It burnt her thumb but thankfully her hand must have just brushed it because it could have been so so so much worse. I knowingly left the bathroom with the thing still on which was stupid.  She has been around it at home and I always talk about how hot it is but still my fault for leaving her alone in a bathroom with it on. 

After I held her hand under water and she finally settled down I started crying because I felt like the worst person in the world.  I kept apologizing to her and her only concern was making sure I wasn't sad anymore.  She is just the sweetest little thing. 

After the burn incident we finally headed out the door to breakfast, Elle didn't feel like eating and I still felt so terrible that I didn't push anything on her. She could eat, not eat, order 100 chocolate milks. Everything was fair game. 


Oliver on the other hand stuffed himself silly.  We ordered 2 plates from the kids menu, he ate almost all of both plus all my eggs and some of my hash brown casserole. 


We had a birthday party to stop at as soon as we were back in town.  Elle had fun with the mustache theme.


All the kids with the birthday boy.


 And that was this years fun Columbia weekend!  Another great trip...minus the burn...totally could have done without that part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment