Friday, March 11, 2016

Elle's First Haircut

We made it three years before Elle's first haircut.  Honestly she didn't even truly need one yet, the back was a little uneven but she seemed excited when I mentioned it so away we went one Monday morning.  Eric happened to be off work so he stayed home with Ollie so we could have a girls day. 

When we got there she immediately started playing with the train table and then we walked to the back where she picked out her shampoo flavor (strawberry).  She was the most timid about lying on the table to have her hair washed.  She hates having water poured over her head and she was sure it would get in her eyes.  After some convincing she lyed down and did great.  She was a bit stiff and nervous but did great!



Next she was able to pick out the car she wanted to sit in while they cut her hair and then they asked what she wanted to watch on TV, Peppa Pig of course!





Elle listened to everything the hair stylist asked her to do (look up, look down, etc.).  I decided on a length with her, short enough to even out the back and they cut away.



At the end Elle picked 2 red butterfly clips to go in her hair. She was loving the braid they gave her!





The place did such a great job making Elle feel comfortable and since it was her first haircut I got a certificate with the date, a picture of her new haircut and locks of her hair as part of their 1st haircut package...I also shopped the bow section before checking out. :)

Look at my beautiful girl!!



We continued our girls day with some lunch at Jersey Mike's and then a trip to the grocery store.  I love one  on one time with Elle and I know she does too.  She absolutely loves having my undivided attention. I'm hopeful that one on one dates with each of my kids is the norm for them growing up. Ollie's first haircut date won't be a few years, I'm hanging on tight to those blonde little curls that hang over his ears!


No comments:

Post a Comment