Thursday, February 19, 2015

RSV

Our house was hit with RSV right as we came back from our fun trip to Columbia.  Mary called me at work on Monday to tell me the boys both had it and I immediately knew the cough that had sprung up out of nowhere for Elle the night before was RSV.  Eric took her to the pediatrician on Tuesday to be checked and lo and behold the virus had indeed hit our house.



I cried a lot.  A lot a lot.  I immediately realized Elle wouldn't be able to come to the hospital when the baby was born, that we may have to keep them in separate houses if he came before his due date...basically every image I had of how things would go for the last 9 months was gone.  It was hard and I threw a big pity party. :)



More importantly than all of that, was how miserable Elle felt.  Her breathing never really sounded wheezy but she did have a night where she had a hard time taking a breath which sent me into a panic.  Thank God Eric was home and not at work that night.  He was most definitely the calm one in the situation.  I was convinced I should sit up and hold her while she slept the rest of the night and Eric was finally able to convince me to just prop her head up with a pillow and lay her down.  I was getting little to no sleep because 1. I'm 9 months pregnant and 2. I was checking her breathing constantly.  Eric said he was getting no sleep because every time I would move he thought I was in labor and he as well was constantly checking Elle's breathing.






Eric stayed home with Elle Monday-Wednesday and I worked from home Thursday and Friday with her.  I hated seeing her so sick but we passed the days with lunch picnics, coloring Valentines and watching movies.  Either Muppets Most Wanted, Stuart Little or Polar Express were pretty much playing at all times.







I found her sitting like this in her room one night and asked her what she was doing.  She said, "just hanging out with my dollhouse".



Eric and I have both caught a cold which resulted in me having to be tested for RSV before the baby is born.  Thankfully it's just a cold virus, although I hope Elle is able to dodge it!  Elle is feeling better, still has a runny nose and cough which means she most likely won't be able to come to the hospital to meet brother which makes me so sad.  Tomorrow is my induction so hopefully we will be home by Sunday and Elle will meet her new buddy then.  I'm beyond nervous and can't believe I will have 2 CHILDREN by the end of the weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment