Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Columbia

Eric had the great idea to take Elle to Columbia for the weekend so she could see her best buddy Truman (and so he could watch a basketball game) before the baby is born.

We left Friday night when I got off work in hopes of catching the gymnastics meet...we arrived as they were announcing the winners of the night.  But Elle got to see Truman so she was a happy girl.  When we loaded her back in the car she kept saying "no go home!" which was a running theme all weekend.




We got to the hotel that night and she was immediately smitten, they left this stuffed animal in our room (that could be purchased) and Elle immediately claimed him as her own.  I've never seen a hotel do this but it was a smart move...and an easy way to get an additional $20.  Elle had fun running around the room and hallway with Eric.  She loved going to the vending machines to get drinks.




Saturday morning we woke up and headed downstairs for some breakfast.  Elle loved people watching and would loudly ask questions about everyone she saw. "Why is that man coughing?" "Why did that lady sneeze?"





After breakfast Eric and Elle headed down to the pool to swim.  I was having contractions so I called my doctor.  She was shocked to hear we were in Columbia and told me to go home immediately...instead I went down to the pool to watch Elle Belle swim then we all came upstairs to take a nap in the hopes my contractions would stop.  Luckily they did but I spent the rest of the day paranoid that I was going to have this baby in Columbia.






We stopped for some lunch and shopped in a little boutique where Elle picked out a new Truman Tiger to take home, then we boarded the shuttle to the basketball stadium.



We had great seats and Elle was able to see her best buddy court-side before the game started.





It was a really fun quick trip, Elle had a blast and Eric is already asking if this is something we should do every year.  His Mizzou loving heart absolutely loves how much Elle loves going to this stuff...and since Elle loves it so much it makes me really enjoy going too.  Eric totally lucked out.  I joke with him that this little boy is going to have zero interest in Mizzou since he got so lucky with Elle.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment