Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

Halloween fell on a Friday this year which was wonderful!  I loved that it was just kicking off our weekend.  Mary and I have decided to switch off hosting Halloween every year, this year was her turn.  After work Friday I rushed home to get Elle in her costume then we headed over to the Voss house to start the Halloween fun.  Originally I wanted Elle to be a Peach from A League of Their Own but the only costume I could find was insanely expensive.  Maybe next year I will find a more reasonable one and the baby can be Stellwell Angel. ;)  I gave Elle the choice of Sully from Monsters University, Olaf from Frozen or a 1980's exercise girl, here is what she chose.

 
 


Mary and I always say we want the babies growing up with big Halloween parties filled with themed food.  This year Mary made mummy hot dogs and I made a Shredded Monster Dip (hoagie dip) that Nick mistook for a salad.  :)



Elle was a tad grumpy on Halloween and wanted Mommy at all times but she did manage to have some fun.  She was by far the slow poke out of her little trick or treat gang.  McKayla, Henry's cousin, Henry and Elle took off for some trick or treating.  It was crazy to see the 1 year age difference between Henry and Elle.  Usually I barely notice it.  Henry was off like a light zipping from house to house and Elle was always in the back of the pack, slowly walking up to each house and taking her sweet time picking out a piece of candy.  She did walk up to a couple houses without me which was adorable, she looked so teeny tiny standing up there by herself.



We walked to about 10 houses and then headed back inside since it was freezing and let Henry and McKayla continue at a much faster pace.



After everyone was back inside from trick or treating the babes went through their treat bags from MawMaw and PawPaw which were filled with glow sticks, candy and stickers. We turned on some music and had a dance party which mainly consisted of Henry and Elle bickering over which song to play next.  Elle wanted to slow things down with "Let It Go" and Henry wanted to speed things up with "Who Let the Dogs Out".



I'm already brainstorming ideas for next Halloween...and Eric is already shooting down my ideas.  If you see him dressed as Doc Brown and me as Marty McFly next year you'll know he eventually caved in. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment