Monday, November 24, 2014

Halloween Spirit

I love holidays so I always look forward to them.  I love the ABC Family 13 Nights of Halloween and this year it just so happened to kick off with Monsters Inc.  Elle is a big Monsters University fan so I figured she would love this one as well. We had family movie night, all ate dinner in the living room and watched our favorite monsters.  A surprise favorite this year was Toy Story of Terror.  Elle would ask to watch her Halloween movie everyday leading up to Halloween.

One night I came home from work with Monsters Inc. pictures to paint and a silly Frankenstein to hang up.  Elle loved painting and is so proud of her pictures.  They are proudly on display in the kitchen.  "Monster Man" ended up being a tad scary at first but she grew love him.  He is actually still hanging in our laundry room and she will say "hi monster man" whenever she walks by.  I tried to take him down to start Christmas decorating and Elle found him.  She walked through the house holding him up on different walls and saying "Mommy, cute spot!" as if we were redecorating and trying to find the perfect place for him. :)

One day at my parents house Elle and Henry made these cute Halloween houses with PawPaw.  Elle loved this thing!  She would point out all the stickers on it, she was so proud that it was her creation.  I love it...it will be a part of our Halloween decor forever.



We spent one Saturday at Boo at the Zoo.  The weather was so nice, actually almost a bit too warm.  The night before I asked Elle what animal she wanted to see, to my surprise she said "turtles".  Not sure where the turtle love came from.  She falls asleep every single time we go to the zoo...her nap usually starts at some point on the train.



 
 Thanks to Truman Tiger her fear of characters has gone down.  She still needs mommy there holding her but she is excited to say hi.  Henry wanted nothing to do with them!
 
 
 I love that Henry is heading for the "Please do not touch" sign in this picture. 
 


He stopped and posed and ask KayKay to take his picture.  Isn't he the sweetest?!
 


 
Mary, Henry and Elle enjoyed a carousel ride at the end of the day.  Bear and I decided to sit this one out.



The next day (Sunday) we took the babes to a pumpkin patch.  We met Mary, Henry and Charlie for a Mexican lunch to decide which pumpkin patch to hit up.  We started looking at one in Wright City and Henry was yelling in the restaurant "let's go to WRIGHT CITYYY" it was hilarious.  So off to Wright City we went. Henry and Elle loved the sandbox and Elle was excited that they had turtles you could hold...I was less excited.  She actually tried to grab the turtles head and pull it out of the shell.  #turtlemurderer Those dirty little fingers from the sandbox kill me, I have a lot of adjusting to do before I become a boy mom!



Henry helped me pull the pumpkin wagon and even picked out a pumpkin for baby Hylton.  Elle picked out a big family pumpkin for us to carve and a smaller one for her.  We ended the day with fried oreos...Elle was a huge fan.


For anyone who doesn't know green and orange are Henry's FAVORITE colors.  He loved that they were in green and orange cars.  If anyone says they love those colors too he will say, "no, Me's favorite colors!".  He has these colors claimed so don't even try it!


We spent one night the week before Halloween pumpkin carving/painting/stickering.  I carved the big family pumpkin, Elle painted a pumpkin for her and one for brother, then she put silly face stickers on another one.  Eric was on a mission of baking pumpkin seeds which ended up tasting a lot like popcorn.


Don't mind the dead mums int he background, I can't seem to keep those alive for longer than a weekend.  Eric doesn't understand why I buy them every year when they go brown days later. :)




The night before Halloween Elle and I got to work baking Halloween cupcakes to take to Mary's house for Halloween.  She of course loved the icing and was great at adding sprinkles.  She loves getting on her step stool and helping me in the kitchen!



Successful Halloween season :)

No comments:

Post a Comment