Wednesday, November 12, 2014

October 2014

I love October.  I'm always determined to squeeze in as much fun as possible.  Elle is at a really fun age where things are exciting and fun for her.  She has preferences and opinions on what we should do.  Our routine is the same every weekend.  Wake up, make breakfast, lounge in our pj's while watching one of her movies then call MiMi, Henry and Charlie to make plans for the day...I love it and Elle does too.
 


 
Elle is still really into taking care of her babies, they need bottles, binkies and diaper changes.  I think she is going to love helping with her little brother, at least I really hope she does.  I was trying to run to Old Navy really quick when Elle insisted that her baby and stroller come with us.  Once inside Old Navy I was picking out clothes for her and sowing her things saying "isn't this cute" pretty soon she was picking clothes up and saying "Mama, cute!".  She is such a fun shopping buddy.



Sometimes she will intentionally act like a baby.  Pretend to cry "waah waah" or ask for a bottle.  When I remind her that she is a big girl she taps her pointer finger on her cheek and says "no, this is a baby right here".  It is the cutest thing in the world and I end up agreeing with her, "your right, you are my baby".



There have been some interesting days at MawMaw's house.  I'm always so curious if the babes have had a good or bad day.  Bad days are definitely sprinkled in.  Elle is learning that saying "no" when my mom asks her to do something is wrong. In the car on the way to my mom's house Elle and I go over that she should never say no, only "yes, MawMaw" "Please, MawMaw" "Thank you, Maw Maw" "No Thank you, MawMaw".  It's so cute hearing her in the backseat repeating everything.  At dinner every night I ask her about her day and she usually makes up stories about things Henry did during the day.  Such a little stinker!


Elle will now request songs in the car.  Typically Elmo's Ducks, Let It Go, Who Let the Dogs Out or What Does the Fox Say.  I'm hoping to get her interested in Christmas music to replace some of these during the holidays. ;)



She loves to color and now pays attention to the picture she is coloring.  Before it would just be scribbles across the paper (which definately still happens) but now some of those scribbles are focused directly on the images on her coloring page.



We ran in Costco one day and Elle fell in love with this little pony.  She would sit on him and say "giddy up, Buddy!". She even told the pony that she would ask "ho ho" if she could have him for Christmas. Killing me with cuteness! Needless to say it will be sitting under our tree Christmas morning. I had Eric back in Costco 2 days later picking one up before they sold out.



Elle is so talkative but super shy if she is around anyone new.  When she is comfortable she will talk your ear off.  She uses her hands all the time when talking and purses her little lips together.  My favorite is hearing her and Henry argue, it is adorable!




Elle loves my baby bump.  She is always hugging my stomach and talking to "brother".  She will put her little face against my belly and say "hi brother, it's sissy Eleanor" and then my heart explodes.


Aunt Jen and Harper came over for a play date one day.  I was at work so I missed the fun but Eric said Elle was so great about sharing all her toys with "arper"

 
 
I love these little toes, I think I kiss them 100 times a day.

 
 
Cheering on Unc's team with PawPaw and Daddy!


Mary and I took the babies to KoKoMo Joe's one night when the guys were out of town on a fishing trip.  The miniature bowling alley was too much for Eleanor to handle...she would just grab the balls and randomly throw them down any lane.  On our way out the door the babes rode this little carousel and few times and then we all stuffed ourselves into a photo booth for some hilarious pictures!



 
 
Henry and Charlie came over one morning and I put Henry to work cleaning the kitchen. ;)


Fun times with MiMi and Uncle Nick at the pumpkin patch while we were in Chicago.




October was also filled with lots of Halloween fun but I'm saving that for another post.  All in all it was a really fun month.

No comments:

Post a Comment