Tuesday, December 23, 2014

St. Nick's Day

St. Nick's Day was always celebrated in our house growing up so it's something I wanted to continue with Elle.  This is a new holiday for Eric so he doesn't completely understand St. Nick coming to fill your stockings but he's on board none the less.  I tried my best to explain to Elle the night before that we needed to hang her stocking so St. Nick could come and fill it up.  Somehow my story ended up with St. Nick being Santa's brother?  May have to rethink that next year.



 I have a really cute video of a sleepy Eleanor walking in the kitchen and seeing her stocking on the kitchen table.  She was really excited!



Her stocking this year had candy, Frozen socks, Monsters Inc. guys, an Advent calendar, a Frozen cup, a couple new books and her Elf on the Shelf made his first appearance!  She is a little young to understand the Elf, the no touching rule that is described in the book is completely lost on her but she gets excited to see where he flies to at night.  One day he was up by our TV and I could hear her from the kitchen say "hey Mr. Elf, get down!".






This year threats of Santa is watching you work part of the time, she will look at me and say "yes, mommy" in the cutest little voice.  Hopefully this silly little elf has some pull next year too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment