Tuesday, December 16, 2014

November 2014

As soon as November rolls around we are ready for Christmas season, well Elle and I are ready...Eric is a firm believer in not decorating until after Thanksgiving but I'm starting to break him.  We spent a lot of the month celebrating the holidays and our Henry Hoo's 3rd birthday!

 
 
It was snowing on this weekend so Elle and I stayed warm inside and baked cookies and enjoyed toddler cocoa (chocolate milk and marshmallows).

 

 
Elle is in a phase now where she is constantly asking what stuff is.  She points to every.little.thing. and will say "what's thaaaat"....some things she knows what they are but she still asks!  Any noises
she hears she will say "mommy, what's thaaat noise?".
 
 

One night she was in the bathtub and heard the shower head dripping water in the shower.  Of course she asked what the noise was and when I told her what it was and that we need a new one that doesn't drip she said, "let's get a pink one, ask ho ho for it".



One night Eric, Elle and I were sitting on the couch eating a snack and watching a Christmas movie, Eric was sitting on his legs and I randomly said "Daddy's sitting like a squirrel, is daddy a squirrel?"  Elle responded,  "no, daddy's a tiger!".  Eric was so proud.



Starting on her big girl room!


Anytime Elle hears my phone ringing she comes running to find me yelling "MiMi!!!!".  Maybe Mary and I talk on the phone too much. ;)



Elle and Henry have the sweetest relationship.  They are the best of buds but can also fight like siblings.  Elle hadn't been at my mom's in almost a week and the first day she was back mom told me Henry went up to her and said, "Eleanor, I didn't know you were coming today, I missed you!".  Is that not the cutest thing in the world?!





Bear is Elle's little baby, she loves helping MiMi put lotion on him and shaking up his bottle...she's also great at helping him eat his puffs.  She always sweet talks her MiMi into giving her a little pile of Bear's puffs too.  I wonder when she is going to realize she is just as close in age to Bear as she is Henry.  I think little Bear will always be considered the baby.

 
 
Actually using the potty for the first time!
 
 
 
Eric went to a Mizzou game with Nick and brought home these pom-pom's for Elle.  I think she would have preferred daddy to bring home Truman Tiger, she LOVES him!
 




This was a particularly memorable Target trip.  Usually Elle and I go on a Saturday, she gets a cake pop, I get a Starbucks, she sits in the cart the entire trip.  End of story.  I don't take her through the toy aisle, we hit the clothes, baby section, homegoods and food.  This particular weekend we went with Mary, Henry, Charlie and my mom and we made several mistakes. 
  1. Elle and Henry immediately wanted out of their carts and we allowed it. 
  2. We walked through the toy section.
  3. Elle found a shopping cart she loved and insisted on pushing it around the store.
  4. As much as I kept telling her we weren't buying the shopping cart, it wasn't sinking in.
  5. Henry found a mini shopping cart and decided to join the party.  I'm laughing as a type this just thinking about him sliding on the ground with his little cart.  Mary would tell him to stop, he would say "I'm sorry, Mom" then 2 minutes later you would see him take off sliding across the store.  His cart was quickly taken away. :)
  6. Bear hates sitting in a cart so between us 3 ladies we had 3 carts with not a single babe sitting in them.
The whole scenario ends with crying babies, but not before I took this adorable picture.  The cuteness was ALMOST enough to give in then and there and buy the darn thing.  By the time her birthday party rolls around she will be a very happy little girl. :)  She was being a total stinker but her posing for this picture just melted me.  I know I'm a total pushover.

 
 
Perfect Sunday morning, watching Homeward Bound 2 in bed and texting Eric my breakfast cravings to pick up on his way home from work. :)
 




Mary and I took Henry and Elle to Yo Gabba Gabba at the Fox Theatre.  There were both a little timid the first half of the show but were dancing and getting the sillies out throughout the second half. Biz Markie ended the show with a mini concert which I thought was hilarious...and odd. They each left with a crazy overpriced microphone and we headed to Steak N Shake for milkshakes after.  I love our little adventures with the Voss family.



 
 
Kicked back and watching TV at MawMaw & PawPaw's house.
 
 
 Her first braid!
 
 
 
We are turning Eric's office into Elle's big girl room which means the computer is now in her playroom.  Elle loves it!  We go to PBS Kids and let her work her way through the Sesame Street videos.  Crazy how many electronics this girl has mastered before the age of 2.
 
 
Taking the PawPaw taxi one morning, her first time!
 
 
I love these little toes.  When we lay together they are always in my face and I adore it.  I know I'm biased but she is just the cutest little girl ever!  I have so much fun with my Roni!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment