Friday, April 8, 2016

Egg Hunt, Holy Saturday & Longest Mass Ever

On Saturday we woke up and took the kids to a park for an Easter Egg hunt.  They had face painting and the Easter Bunny was available for pictures while we waited for the egg hunt to start.



The cutest little bunny I ever did see. 




My mom met us there to hang out and watch the big egg hunt.  Ollie absolutely adores his MawMaw, anytime he sees her he wants her to hold him. 



The last egg hunt Elle did was at the Rascals stadium and it was a nightmare.  This one was so much more organized!  They had a field with eggs scattered and had all participants line the edges of the field so everyone had a fair start.  It wasn't a mad dash like the one at the baseball field.



Elle would walk around and look for the pink eggs to pick up.  At times she was walking past eggs of other colors! haha




Ollie decided to join the fun. 


My girl.


Successful egg hunt!


We gave MawMaw kisses goodbye and headed to Von Maur for some last minute Easter outfit shopping.  I had bought Oliver's outfit at least a month ago thinking he would surely fit in 18  month clothes by Easter...well, he doesn't. So I was looking for a last minute outfit in 9 or 12 months. 

These two love the upstairs of Von Maur!

I had no luck in the outfit department so I ended up washing his original Easter outfit in hot water and drying on high heat in the hopes of shrinking it. I also buttoned the interior elastic on the tightest setting so it would fit my babe.  It worked!


Home for naps.


We decided to go to mass Saturday night.  We both knew this mass was longer than normal (I assumed 1.5 hours) so I packed lots of snacks, drinks, crayons, etc. in the hopes it would hold my little loves attention. 

It didn't.  Mass was 2.5 hours (for us, we left after communion), it was way past Ollie's bedtime and they were completely restless. As we were leaving Eric commented that we will never go to that mass again.  Now that I'm a few weeks away from the night and I know how nice and casual our Sunday morning was I'm thinking the craziness was worth it and we should go again next year!

I wanted to save their Easter outfits for Sunday so Elle picked out this dress for mass.



Back home and setting out water and carrots for the Easter Bunny!



She fell right asleep because she was nervous he would skip our house if she was awake.

I always say this but I looooooove this age!! Holidays are so so so much fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment