Thursday, September 10, 2015

June 2015

Time to play catch up and reminisce about the month of June.
I had just returned to work and we were all getting into the swing of things, we fell into my new part-time work routine quite nicely!
Taking a little nap at MawMaw and PawPaw's house


Playing with Unc




I love this picture of my sweet babes!



We gave a 2 day shot at potty training before giving up.  She was/is definitely not ready. About time to circle back around to that!



Lunch date with the Voss boys at Chick-Fil-A.  Henry told me he was scared of the little girl photobombing them in the playroom. :)



Pretending to be a dolphin, jumping off the ottoman.  Oliver thought it was hilarious and Vito just thought they were both crazy!  This was the 4 weeks we spent with no furniture while waiting for our new furniture to be delivered.



Movie date on the new furniture!

Eric sent me this picture one day while I was at work.  I immediately responded that he needs to be sitting by Ollie so he doesn't fall! #mamabear



We celebrated Vito's 10th birthday in June.  Elle was so excited to blow out his candle.
We gave Vito & Hermann puppy ice cream to celebrate.  Elle wanted to eat her bowl of ice cream on the floor with them, sans spoon.



Pool day! This day ended with us being caught in a DOWN-POUR!

They all waited until the last 30 minutes (as the storm was rolling in) to start going down (and loving!) the slide.


And then we all ran to the car in a monsoon.  DRENCHED!


I signed Elle up for her own library card and she participated in the summer reading program.  She loves the library, more for the computers and toys.  We always leave with a handful of books and sit down to read them when we get home.  Who has time to actually read books at the library?!


Us ladies met for lunch at a Mexican restaurant one day to plan Father's Day gifts and celebrations.  Henry was a little ball of energy and at one point had kicked both of his shoes under the table and placed his cup in the bowl of queso...see below. 


Cutest little doodle in the world.


The Mizzou store in Chesterfield had Truman in one day so of course we went to see him!  This was Ollie's first time meeting Truman. 



We ran into my friend Amy and her son Auggie.  Auggie wasn't so sure what to think of Truman. :) 



My girl! :)


The TV was on and a pizza commercial came on, usually when Elle sees commercials for food she says, "mmmm, that sounds good" but this day she let me know pizza is good for her tummy.  This girl loves pizza!  She has been a great eater since day 1, not too picky and will eat just about anything...except peppers.  Girlfriend hates peppers.



At 4 months Ollie loved his little kicking piano.  I love that you can see Elle's little toes in the corner.


Mary and the boys came over one day and we made mud for dessert.  Elle and I did this one day after seeing someone make it on TV (The Little Couple).  We just use chocolate pudding and crush Oreos in.  I meant to buy gummie worms but forgot so our mud was bug-less.


The boys loved it!



I love coming across Elle's toys all tucked in or reading books.  So fun to see the scenarios she comes up with. 


Mary and I took Elle and Henry to Six Flags for a HOT day of fun!  They were a little whiny waiting in line for the first ride (moon cars) but after that one they were so excited!  We rode the log flumes over and over and over! Henry was always in the front seat and we would joke that he was driving so crazy.  Another favorite was thunder river. 


We left the park and grabbed lunch at Culvers and sat in Mary's car, in the AC, and ate.  We had planned to go inside but little missy fell asleep as soon as I buckled her into her car seat. So Henry sat up front with Mary and I to eat.  Once Elle woke up I put her on my lap to redo her pony tail and brush through this crazy mess of sweaty hair. Reminded me of my hair (minus the sweat) every morning. :)


Whats a trip to Six Flags without ice cream?!



These two are best buds!





Truman came to our house for dinner one night!






At MawMaw & PawPaw's, Ollie had a blowout so mom put him in a shirt that was a tad big. :)


This girl loves the rain, mainly because she gets to break out her umbrella. 


Sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed.


Playing with chalk on the front porch.  I was too lazy to find Ollie's hat so I grabbed one of Elle's. #secondchildproblems


Elle wanted to get in on the picture taking action.  I think we have a future photographer.


Nothing better than 2 little babes fresh out of the tub!


Going for a walk with PawPaw!


A typical morning at the Hylton house.


We had pictures taken by a new photographer and I am in LOVE with how the pictures turned out.  It was a mini session (20 minutes) which ended up being the perfect amount of time for my babes.


Just one of my many favorites!


Oliver's first time trying rice cereal, love at first bite!



PawPaw invented this game where he swings Elle around in the bucket and runs around the house with her.  She LOVES it!


I know he's mine and I'm biased but he's just so freaking cute!!!!


This was the day we took Ollie in for his 4 month shots, Elle also had her 2.5 year check-up at the same time.  I took them by myself and it was a DISASTER!! Elle was a nightmare.  She wouldn't let the doctor touch her, she wouldn't let me put her down so the doctor ended up holding Oliver.  At her 2 year checkup in December she was perfect so I'm hoping this was just a super sassy day...we have a lot of those at 2 1/2!!


After the doctor we picked up daddy and headed to Tom & Chee for lunch.


My poor doodle has the worst reaction to shots.  He is so uncomfortable and his little legs hurt so much.  He cries and cries and finally passes out.  This all sets in about 3-4 hours after he gets the shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment