Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pool Day

We spent the day at the pool with the Voss crew a couple weeks ago.  We went to the pool by Mary's house and Elle hadn't been there since last summer so she didn't remember much about it.

The car ride to the pool may have been the highlight of the day for both of my children.  The pool is super close to Mary's house (like one street over from her subdivision) and we learned our lesson last year when we walked (caught in the rain with 4 babies, no thank you) so we drove and just all got in Mary's car.  The 3 big kids sat in the back - and kept commenting that it was like a school bus...Elle's never been in a bus so this just must be what she imagines one to be like. :) And Oliver loved being in a forward facing car seat.  Mary and I could hear him squealing and giggling from the front. 



At this pool on Tuesday's they open an hour early for kids 6 and under which was so nice! 




The kiddos played and rode down the slides and splashed until their little bodies were wore out.

One amusing part was all 6 of us on rafts in the lazy river.  Mary and I each had a 2 person raft, so Elle had a seat in my raft and Oliver sat in my lap.  Getting in the raft and on the lazy river was laughable and then getting our 2 rafts connected (and keeping them that way) was hilarious. :) Oliver somehow managed to fall asleep during the chaos, probably one of the oddest places my children have fallen asleep. We were constantly being splashed in the face and I know I tied my hardest to shield him but he even slept through that. 

Exhausted and ready to head back to Mimi's for a late lunch.

I could just eat this girl up. I see so much baby in her in this picture. 


Henry was not exhausted. :) He was already asking Mary if they could come back after lunch. 


We ordered Imo's, headed back to Mary's to eat and then we rolled out for nap time. 
Perfect pool day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment