Thursday, July 14, 2016

4th of July

I love the 4th of July. I love the BBQ's, the fireworks, the parade and most of all Henry's annual glow-stick party. :)

I was super bummed to see the weather forecast was filled with rain for the weekend of the 4th but that didn't stop our fun.  

We kicked off the celebrating on Sunday the 3rd with a BBQ at my parents house.




That night we had Henry's annual glow-stick party. Always a fun time. :)


All 4 babies ready to get the party started!

The glow-stick party consists of one person playing DJ (me this year) and all the babies dancing like crazy with all the lights out. 
  


We didn't stay to watch the fireworks from my parents house but Elle had a great view of them on our ride home. 


When we got home Eric took Ollie inside and Elle and I sat on the driveway and watched more fireworks.  I love hearing them go off all around us. 


The next morning we were up bright and early for the parade.

Notice Elle's shoes.  She insists on putting them on herself.
I think it's adorable!


Ready to catch some parade candy!


I think Oliver was wishing he had stayed in bed with daddy. :)






Oliver spent a majprity of the parade in his stroller watching Hotel Transylvania on my fun. #paradepartypooper

When he did get out he tried his best to run in the middle of the street in front of the floats.

How cute does Beary look waving in this picture!!


After the parade Mary and I took the kids to Bread Co. for lunch then back to MawMaw and PawPaw's the night of the 4th. 


The humidity fogged up my camera! The kids had a Popsicle eating contest outside.  You'll never guess who won...Henry! :)


Shooting off fireworks.



Headed to the festival.  We didn't have bug spray so Paige suggested we use dryer sheets so Ollie had them stuffed in his shirt. :)




Who doesn't fall asleep in front of an extremely loud live band?!


Just two little best friends dancing to some live music.


Riding with Aunt Paige!


After Doodles passed out Mom and Eric walked him home where he kept sleeping on his MawMaw.


After the festival we went back to Mom and Dad's to shoot off more fireworks.  As we were were we saw 3 lanterns released, they were just like the ones from Tangled.  Elle still talks about them and has asked if she can release one on her birthday which I think is a great idea!

Back home and exhausted!!! Seriously, we were all so worn out from celebrating! 




No comments:

Post a Comment