Thursday, July 7, 2016

Life Lately

A look at our summer life lately.

Oliver's first ice cream cone. :)


We met the Stille boys for a morning of bounce houses one day. Elle conquered the large slide that she was so scared of at Ryker's birthday party. She probably went down it no less than 30 times this day. 


The sweetest girl I know.

One of her favorite things to do is talk about "bad ladies" - she means villains in Disney movies.  We always have to start with Ursela, her most feared movie villain.  We talk about what she does to Ariel, why she's mean, etc. Elle probably asks me daily, "do you want to talk about bad ladies?".


One of my all time favorite things in the world are these babes fresh out of the bathtub and in their pj's.

I looooove baby jammies and don't even get me started on holiday pj's. 


I will sometimes find Ollie in this tent with a book.  The boy still loves to have books read to him and he is extremely demanding when he wants one read.  I love the way he crawls in my lap and loves to turn the page. 


This girl and Henry had a super fun Friday with MawMaw and PawPaw.  They started by seeing Finding Dory, then went to lunch then to the Dinosaur Quest exhibit. 

She had such a fun day!!


Saturday morning breakfast. :)


Tow things about this picture - 
1. If I put my hand on my forehead like "Ollie what are you doing?" He puts his little hand on his face too.

2. Look how tame his hair is when I brush it after a bath. It's as the day goes on that those curls start coming alive. :)


My girl.


Selfies with sissy, we were laughing so hard!


Summertime desserts = popscicles.



A morning at the splash pad. Mary and the boys ended up meeting up with us too. Elle saw a family of ducks and became obsessed with them.

This girl loves birds. She always asks me why birds don't like her.  She wants nothing more than to have them come up to her. 


I was out with Mary, Mom, Paige and Will picking up my bridesmaids dress then out for Mexican when Eric sent me this picture. 

My babies.


This boy loves to be held and is learning more words.  The ones we hear most often are "mama" "look look look", "more" and "go"


And this girl will talk your ear off about just about anything. 


Mary brought this back for Elle from DisneyWorld and the bubble wand is very popular at our house.  Oliver loves to stick his little finger in the top and stop up all the bubbles.


I'm beginning to understand his deep love for Toy Story.  This Jessie doll get lots of kisses from Oliver Russell.


Elle has her gymnastics class every Saturday through the end of the summer.  Girlfriend is not doing so great in the listening department. When we get in the car after class it's usually a huge lecture from me on listening and following directions. 

I'm out of town this weekend so Eric will be taking her, hopefully he can talk some sense into her. ;)


And this boy loves to test his boundaries while she is in class. I come prepared with the iPad and lots of snacks but these bleachers normally grab his attention more than anything else.


4th of July weekend and I had the windows open in our house. Crazy! 
Made me sooo ready for fall. Halloween costumes are already being discussed.


Look at those chubby toes!!



Flying around the house with daddy.
#ducksflytogether


We took a walk after dinner and Elle rode her scooter.


Girlfriend has no need for speed.  She is a tad slow on that thing! And try as I might I cannot teach her how to steer her powerwheel, scooter or bike.  I have asked Eric to step in because what I'm saying she is not understanding.


Oliver is constantly at the fireplace. Pulling at the baby- proofing foam that covers the edges and getting as close to that vase as he possibly can.

This boy and his cuteness gets him out of so much trouble. ;)


The kids are back at MawMaw's this week!!!! Yesterday was their first day back.  Elle has asked every week since her surgery if MawMaw was feeling better and if it was time to go back to her house.  She was SO excited!


And obviously Ollie was too. :)


I leave tomorrow for Paige's bachelorette party at the lake! I'm excited...but also nervous.  This will be the longest I have every been away from the kids (I'm leaving Friday, coming home Monday).  Elle requested a fun dinner tonight before I leave tomorrow, done and done. I also picked up some surprises for them at Target on my lunch-break. I'm going to miss my babies so much but so excited for a weekend celebrating Paige!

No comments:

Post a Comment