Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Father's Day - 2016

We started our Father's Day bright and early this year but meeting Eric at Cappucino's for breakfast.  He worked the night before so he drove straight to breakfast from the hospital and we met him there (that way he could go home and go right to bed so he could celebrate at my parents house later too). 

We finished up our shopping the night before, when we were in Wal-Mart we came across this shirt and Elle thought her daddy needed it. :) And I agree. My kids hit the jackpot with this guy. He is the fun one, willing to play Zurg, loves to play music and dance around with the kids and runs around the house with Ollie with their arms outstretched.  I'm never sure if they are pretending to be ducks or celebrating an imaginary goal...but they are always having fun. :) 


Here we are at breakfast as Eric opened his presents.



Headed to my mom and dad's to celebrate...Elle and Ollie weren't in the mood for pictures.


This year (along with the gift from Mary, Will and I) each grand-kid picked out their own gift for PawPaw.

You can't go wrong with ice cream -  this was from Oliver.


Elle was so excited when she spotted what she wanted to buy PawPaw.  We were walking down an aisle and she shouted for me to stop and said "Mom, PawPaw is going to looooooooooove these!"

Her gift was the red and blue tongs in the picture below.



Bear picked out Bean Boozled...which we played later and I think all the adults immediately regretted.  At least I know I did. :)


And when we were shopping Henry shouted, "I know what to get PawPaw, whiskeys!"

So that is what Henry bought. :)


After we ate the kids swam and then we played Bean Boozled.  Bear had a horrible track record of handing me terrible flavors (think vomit, rotten eggs, dog food). 



Elle decided to tuck her dress into some shorts. #fashionstatement



And doodles just hid in this cabinet during all the Bean Boozled excitement. :)


Such a fun day celebrating all the dad's, especially my own.  I have the best of the best in my corner and for that I am forever grateful. Not only are Mary, Will and I so lucky to have him but he extends that love to Eric, Nick and Paige. 

And Henry, Elle, Charlie and Oliver - that's a whole different category of luckiness. 
#worldsbestPawPaw






No comments:

Post a Comment