Friday, May 20, 2016

Mother's Day Weekend

Our Mother's Day Weekend started on Saturday with a trip to the Meadows and the Farmers Market with the Voss family.

As we shopped at the Farmers Market we stopped at a SnoCone truck to get treats for the kids.  In the picture below you can see that Bear immediately spilled his. I'm pretty sure this happened as he attempted his first bite, he tried to drink it like a cup of water.


This little lady loves a good SnoCone. Her and Eric both are addicted.


I love this picture.  I can still see some baby in her little face. 


Ollie was pretty happy about his too.


So Mary ran back to her car to drop off a set of heavy hooks she bought and I sat with the kids while they ate.  Well Henny decided to come sit by Elle and on his way over spilled his entire SnoCone. Then Bear decided to move to sit by Hens and spilled the rest of his.  I gave them each some of Oliver's and Bear spilled it again! :)  I was laughing so hard!

Little miss was by far the last to finish, she is a bit slower than the boys! But no spills from her!


The babies made these cute plants for MawMaw for Mother's Day. After seeing them I want to make some for my house now!


We celebrated with my mom on Saturday since Will was taking her to a Cardinal game on Sunday.  We went to mom and dad's, dad ordered pizza and appetizers for everyone and the kids played...and the dude hung out with mama. 


Each of the kids took their bag with their plant to my mom. 


Shocking...she cried. :)



At the end of the night we wanted a picture of my mom with each kid. Girlfriend was having a little trouble with a natural smile.

I can't look at this picture without laughing!


Look at Beary! I somehow missed Henry's turn on my mom's lap. 


We gave Sissy a minute to collect herself, loosen up and try a smile again. :)

Success!


My baby boy!


Sunday I woke up, Eric cooked breakfast and the kids gave my presents.  

Coffee from Ollie and this masterpiece from Elle. Eric took her to a pottery painting place, it has her little hand prints on it and I LOVE it! Apparently I'm turning into Mama Rita because I cried when I opened it.

It's a chip and dip bowl but I served lunch out of it picnic style while Ollie napped.



My 4th Mother's Day with my bestie. I love her more than words. 


My 2nd Mother's Day with this little ball of cuteness. I will never understand why I was so nervous during my pregnancy with him. What did I ever do without my Oliver Russell.


After Oliver's nap we headed to the park!


Excuse me, why are you so adorable?!


My beautiful girl!


Elle and I climbed to the very top. This park has 2 levels with 2 big slides!


About to go down one of the big slides.

My mom anxiety in a nutshell...
Eric once told me not to go down slides with the kids on my lap because apparently it's a pretty common way for kids to break their legs. Not sure if this was something he learned working at a children's hospital??  Anyway, this popped in my head right as we were about to go down so I held Elle's feet up and we slid at a snail's pace to make sure her legs didn't get caught.





After the park we went to SnoBiz then home to rest then back out to LaChata for dinner.  At dinner Ollie choked on a tortilla chip (terrifying!) and they both decided I should be their drink holder.

A perfect day with my family (minus the choking!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment