Thursday, May 19, 2016

32

A couple weeks ago I celebrated turning 32.

As soon as I walked into my mom's house to pick up the kids Elle exclaimed "Daddy took me shopping and I got you a pink cup because your favorite color is pink!".  That secret was just dying to come out! It must have tortured her all day!

We headed home and the babies were so excited to give my my presents.





Elle had indeed bought me a pink water bottle for my desk at work and Eric and Ollie got me white converse tennis shoes and a deck box...both items I had been wanting.

After presents we headed to dinner (Max n' Erma's) where I got to enjoy this view (Elle was in the booth next to me coloring endless pictures). 



Later that weekend Mary, Mom and I went to see the Mother's Day movie and then we went to mom and dad's for a BBQ. 




I love this blog for so many reasons, I love looking back to see what we did throughout the year, tracing the babies milestones, remembering cute things Elle said. There is also a part of me (this may be a bit morbid) that likes that if anything happens to me my kids can come here when they are older and read my words, learn more about me and (hopefully) be able to feel how much I love them. So...here are some things about me at 32 years old.

I have grown to love coffee. I can't drink it black but I use significantly less creamer than I have in the past. I look forward to a cup every morning.

I would rather have a fun night with my kids than a fun night with friends. This hasn't been the most popular choice with my group of friends but I really love hanging with my babes.

Working part-time this past year has been the biggest blessing ever. Like, ever!

I love reading blogs, mainly mommy lifestyle one's and DIY/home blogs

I could look at people's pictures of their homes on Instagram for hours

I am obsessed with our house feeling and looking clean all.the.time. I get anxiety sitting in a messy house. That's not to say our house is always clean, I do live with a fairly messy Eric Russell...I just deal with anxiety daily. :)

I am trying to become a better cook because I want Elle and Ollie to love meals I make.  Like when they are in college I want them to crave a certain meal and be excited to come home and have it. I have this with my mom, even if I make a recipe of hers to a T...it still doesn't hold a candle to hers.

I love making traditions with my little family. This kicks into hyper drive around Christmas time.

I will decorate (or hit up the Target Bullseye Playground) for any holiday. I currently have 4th of July items that I'm waiting a few more weeks to put out.

A trip to Target & Starbucks = my happy place

Eric and I look at houses and we have learned I love cookie cutter subdivisions...he hates them. 

Dr. Pepper has been my drink of choice for as long as I can remember

I like to plan ahead...but it's usually not important stuff that I concentrate on. For example I was asking the kids what they want to be for Halloween this week and scrolling Pinterest for ideas. 

I don't like laying around in my pj's. Even if we have nothing planned, if it's pouring down rain and we are going to stay in and have a movie day...I still want to get dressed. I HATE the feeling of staying in the clothes you slept in for anything longer than coffee and breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment