Wednesday, August 2, 2017

While Mommy Was Away...

Eric deserves the biggest shout-out for daddy of the year. Earlier this summer while I was on my European adventure he held down the fort for 8 days by himself. That alone is impressive but on top of that he kept these babies BUSY while I was on my trip. He had all kinds of fun things planned for them. When I returned home they had crossed off almost half of the things listed on our Summer Fun list.

And at my constant insisting (we had several talks about this before I left) he kept me in the loop with lots of pictures of my babies.

Saying goodbye was HARD (hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard, hard). I made them a little gift bag with a note and surprise for everyday I was gone, they opened their first one right after I left the house.


I received this picture when I was sitting in the airport in Chicago getting ready to board the long flight to Ireland. They went to the Voss house for a BBQ and some playing in the sprinklers for the kids. 


They had a fun night with Aunt Paige on Tuesday while Eric was at his hockey game.


The 3 of them went to the Butterfly House with Grandma Chris and Harper one day.


I could tell Eric was letting Elle pick out her outfits by herself while I was gone...and I think Ollie wore this hat the entire week I was away. :)


I LOVED receiving pictures of the kids throughout the day.



Museum of Transportation with Grandma Chris...Eric sent me the cutest video of Elle and Oliver riding the kiddie trains.


Sweet little sugar wore one of my t shirts to bed. :)


Dinner with daddy at PF Changs


These next 2 pictures are the ones I received while reading every news article I could find after the London Bridge terrorist attack. I have never in my life wanted to hold these two so badly.
 These pictures sent me into an emotional tailspin. 



Eric said he was in the living room and noticed it was suddenly very quiet. They had made their own little comfy spot in the dining room and decided to watch a movie together. :)


My little family picked me up from the airport (because I couldn't even stand to wait an additional 20 minutes to see them :) and there were so many tears, hugs and kisses.



The trip was AMAZING, I am so thankful that I was able to go.

And Eric is AMAZING for never once complaining that I was jetting off on this unbelievable trip and he was burning vacation days. He really enjoyed his one on one time with the kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment