Friday, February 28, 2014

I Lovey You

There is one very very important item in the Hylton household...the lovey.



Elle has always loved falling asleep with something on her face.  As a baby it was always a bib or burp cloth and I tried to rarely let this happen because it scared the bejesus out of me...even though I was holding her.  At some point last summer on a quick Target run I stumbled across these breathable security blankets and decided to give them a try.  Little did I know how important these little blankets would become!  We have 4 or 5 of them in rotation now and every single time I'm in Target I look for more (typically with zero luck).





Eric and I both had attachments to blankies as kids so it's funny to see that the tradition has carried on with Elle. Just last week at bedtime her loveys were in the washing machine so I tried to give her a baby blanket to use which did not go over well.  Her lovey goes everywhere with us...everywhere.  It calms her down when she's upset, it's a necessity when she's tired and watching Elmo videos is no fun unless you have a lovey to hold.  She has even tried to take a bath with ther lovey.


At around 11 months we started letting her sleep through the night with it.  Before that we would let her fall asleep with it in her crib and then sneak in and try to pull it from her little hands, sometimes waking her up in the process thus starting the bedtime routine all over.


 

 


I sometimes wonder how long she will be so attached to her lovey.  I actually still have my blankie made by my Grandma and would absolutely never be able to part with it.  It's just folded up in a drawer with other blankets but I will keep it forever.  Who knows, we may be moving Elle into her college dorm with this thing, and now I'm off to go cry in a corner. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment