Friday, July 19, 2013

4th of July

We kicked off the 4th of July fun on Wednesday night at my parents house.  We had a BBQ and then walked up to the O'Fallon Fair (prime people watching opportunity!).  It was the first time the babes were in their double stroller together...can you tell how much fun they're having?!







My dad was the only fun one who would pose here!

Elle fell asleep fairly quickly on the walk over.  She woke up briefly so I rushed to have her ride the carousel but she fell asleep again as soon as we got on.  We opted for a bench so my sweet girls nap wasn't interrupted. 


We ended up walking home before the fireworks.  My parents house has a great view from their driveway and we didn't know how Elle would react to the sounds...spoiler alert: she could care less. :)  Apparently the blender is terrifying but fireworks are no big deal.

On Thursday we woke up early to get a good spot at the O'Fallon parade.  It was hot and the babes patience started wearing out.  Once the parade started everything was good, Henry loved seeing the "big trucks" and Elle once again fell asleep (this girl can sleep anywhere!). 








After the parade it was pool time for the babes.  This was their first time being in the baby pool together.  Henry loved it, he was constantly going down the slide.  Elle on the other hand was not a fan of the splashing.  She proved to be a baby pool diva and insisted the splashing be kept to a bare minimum, poor Hen!



Both the babes (and their mama's) took a long nap after pool time.  We spent the rest of the night hanging out at mom and dad's.  We watched the fireworks from their house and Elle had her fist bath in Grammy's sink.  We went all out this holiday! ;)






 


On Saturday we went to Uncle Bob's for a BBQ and stopped by my Grandma & Grandpa's house to walk around.  I hadn't been there in years, the last time I was inside was when my Grandma was still living there.  Every time I see the front door I think of Grandma running out with bug hugs as soon as we would pull into the driveway.  I'm so glad we ended up stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment