Monday, November 11, 2013

Elle's Baptism

Blogs can be so frustrating.  Mine up and decided that it didn't want to let me add any pictures for the last few months..and what's a blog without pictures...nothing, the answer is nothing.

But hip hip hooray, we are back in business!  So we are going to do a little time traveling, back to May and Elle's Baptism.  I want to play catch up so I don't miss any of the fun events/milestones of her first year. Because it seems like just yesterday my big girl was just a baby...sniffle, sniffle.
 
 
Back to the Baptism...on May, 26th my sweet girl was Baptised at Assumption Catholic Church in O'Fallon, the same church Eric and I were married in.  There were about 10 other babies being Baptised that day with Elle.  My favorite part was when they invited everyone to come up and give their blessing to all the children being Baptised.  After lots of hugs and kisses from family a few little girls came up to Elle.  Elle was entranced (and apparently a tad jealous) of their hair bows and lunged for them.  I loved it!

 

 

 
 
Next came the part of the ceremony I was so nervous for, dipping her in the water.  We were one of the last ones to go and I had a lump in my throat from the nerves.  A wet little baby being lifted above the priests head had this mama on edge. ;)  Elle did great and didn't make a peep!

 

 

 
I will explain the naked baby you see above.  At our church they have the babies in their diapers for the whole ceremony, only after they have officially been Baptised can they change into their white gown.

 

 
Elle wore the same gown that both Mary and I wore at our own Baptisms. :)
 
 
Elle is so extremely blessed to have these 2 as her Godparents. The amount of love they have for her makes me so happy. She is a very lucky little girl to have these 2 in her life.

 
After the ceremony we had lunch at our house for everyone.  Henry and Elle had some fun playing with her Jeep, while the adults planned our summer vacation plans!!  Vacation post coming soon. :)
 

 

 
I think everyone in the room simultaneously yelled "Slow Down!!!" as this picture was taken. :)

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment