Friday, July 5, 2013

Elle's First Trip to the Zoo!

A few weeks ago we decided to take advantage of the St. Louis Zoo membership my parents bought us for Christmas and take Elle to the zoo for the first time.  My dad was big on taking us to the zoo when we were little and it has always been one of my favorite places.  I was so excited to share my love of the zoo with Elle Belle.

Ready to see some animals!

The weather was perfect and apparently every other person in St. Louis decided it was the ideal day for a walk around the zoo.  After driving around for a good 30 minutes  (which seriously tested Eric's patience :) we found a spot and started our day.







Obviously, Elle is a bit too young to fully appreciate where she is but it was so fun to hear Henry oohing and ahhing over the animals.



The babes enjoyed a carousel ride...



A train ride around the zoo (Elle napped through this part)...



and the children's petting zoo.  My OCD germaphobia came out so Elle didn't have the chance to pet any goats, I vow to be better by this time next year. :)  Our time in the petting zoo was very very short.  Two goats decided to have a head butting contest and poor little Henny was taken down.  Mama bear Mary to the rescue...I'm somewhat surprised all the goats in the area made it out of that situation alive. (just kidding, seester!!)




We also had the chance to see the new baby elephant, Priya.  I like to think of Priya as Elle's elephant since they were born about 4 months apart.




I can't wait for our next trip to the zoo...maybe we will skip the goats next time though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment