Thursday, June 29, 2017

Paris: Day 5

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to head to the train station to take the chunnel to Paris.  I could not fall asleep for the life of me and before I knew it I started to hear our alarm going off to wake-up. 4:30am came very fast and with no sleep preceding it. BUT we were on our way to Paris and that excitement was enough to get me up and moving!!

And finding this at the train station definitely put a major pep in my step...until I took a drink and realized European Dr. Pepper tastes very different from American Dr. Pepper...and I am American through and through when it comes to my favorite drink.


All aboard the chunnel to France!!


We made it!


Where Princess Diana was staying when she died in Paris. 



And when I saw this I immediately thought of my Sissy-Girl back home.
She wants to go to Paris so badly and we have big plans for a girls trip when she is older.



It felt surreal to be standing so close to something so iconic!


Our first stop was a cruise down the Seine River.










Such a pretty way to see parts of the city.


Notre Dame.





After the cruise we headed to the Eiffel Tower for lunch!




We had lunch on the first tier.  This is the view from outside the restaurant.




The cutest little lady I know.


My parents are hands-down the best of the best. They spoiled us completely rotten on this trip!!


Kicking off lunch with some champagne.


Chicken, potatoes and garlic foam = delish


View from the restaurant


As soon as we finished eating we headed back out to the first tier to look around and shop. I was on a mission to find something for Elle at the shop inside the Eiffel Tower. 



Once we left the Eiffel Tower we were back on our tour bus - with the most amazing tour guide - and drove around the city a little bit...


before stopping at the Louvre!

Mary and my dad raced through the museum on a hunt to see the Mona Lisa before our bus left for the train station and mom and I hit up Starbucks and relaxed.  I was having some crazy muscle spasms in my leg (I think from so much walking and the lack of sleep?) that I could barely stand....so in the moment a coffee and an extra large water outweighed the Mona Lisa in my eyes. But Mary and my dad raved about it!











No comments:

Post a Comment