Friday, February 10, 2017

Life Lately

I recently read on a blog about an organization called Cards for Hospitalized Kids...and it sounded like something we would happily contribute to.

One night while Eric was working we broke out all of our coloring supplies after dinner and got to work. 


Some of the cards we sent. I loooved doing this and would love to do this several times a year.


Elle and I ran into Target on our way to Connor's 1st birthday party to pick out his gift. And of course we hit up Starbucks on our way out.  Eric was in the car with Oliver and they happened to hit the Starbucks drive-thru while we were inside. Cakepops and coffee for everyone.


After the birthday party we came home and got ready to leave for a trivia night.  Eric's parents were coming over to watch the kids for our night out.

Why is it that right before we leave for a RARE night out I can't bear the thought of leaving them and don't even want to go anymore? I mean, I always have fun once I'm out but my heart belongs with these babies.




The cutest little dude man is starting to transition out of his booster seat and into a regular chair at meals.


I was cleaning and folding laundry and walked by Oliver's room to find these two in his bed and Elle "reading" his favorite book to him.  She has it memorized!


Sitting in the school drop off line.  The second we pull into the parking lot to wait in line she gets out of her seat and sits up front with me.  We listen to the Moana soundtrack and hold hands and I tell her I love her a thousand times.

Speaking of the Moana soundtrack we have been listening to it on REPEAT. I am certain that for the rest of my life when I hear one of the songs I will immediately be taken back to winter of 2017.




Girlfriend had some birthday money she hadn't spent so we went to Target and came home with 2 new babies.


This boy has a Toy Story obsession!



For Catholic Schools Week at Elle's school she got this cute little PBJ bracelet.


My fancy girl :)
She has hit the point where she wants to wear "summer clothes" all the time. It is a struggle to get her in a long sleeve shirt and pants.  The second we get home she wants to change into a dress/shorts/tshirt. 


She set up her own little store in the playroom one night...Eric and I were in the living room and she came in and hugged my leg and said "I'm sad...no one is coming to my store".

We all got our shop on after that. :)
In the picture below she is taking a picture of me with her phone...my old one.


This horse stable that Unc and Aunt Paige got her is amazing and has so many little detail pieces. So it is a toy that is stored in her closet and I get it down whenever she wants to play with it. She sits at the dining room table to play so Oliver doesn't take/hide/destroy every piece.  This table has become the place she plays with big girl stuff that we don't want Ollie to get into...legos, puzzles, magnet dolls, etc. And after she is done playing everything goes right back into the closet...this way my OCD heart knows all the pieces stay together. 


Elle, Oliver and I baked some pinkalicious pink cupcakes for the Super Bowl.


Some Monday morning painting.



And then we headed to the park.
I love how Ollie leans forward in the swing!



And this boy has no fear of slides...Elle still has a tiny bit of fear but Oliver just climbs right up and slides down without even thinking about it. 


There is nothing better than getting little glimpses of Spring!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment