Friday, June 19, 2015

Oliver Russell - 1 month

Oliver's first month really flew by...each month flies by!!  He still manages to get cuter every single day.




Oliver's only doctor visits so far (knocking on wood right now!) have been for his regularly scheduled check-ups.  This has been one of the biggest differences I've noticed between being 1st time and 2nd time parents.  Elle went to the doctor so many times in her first month (she coughed!, her belly button looks weird!, she feels warm!).  We were still pretty cautious about taking Oliver out and about, so we were pretty much home bound that first month, which was fine with me...more time for baby cuddles.

Oliver had his 1 month check-up after his actual 1 month birthday so I wasn't able to include his weight on his little chalkboard.  It was 9lb ??oz, mama can't remember.  I do remember being worried after they weighed him that he wasn't gaining enough weight.  This little guy has been the runt of all the grand-babies so far so being 9lbs at 1 month seemed so odd to me.

This face means "I'm about to start crying!"



Oliver's first month he was waking up almost every 2-3 hours. He has been a great eater, no problems there. :)  He started smiling right at 1 month, which the doctor didn't seem to believe, she must not know how funny I am. :)



Big sister Eleanor has had a great transition to sharing the spotlight, there are hard moments but overall she's been fantastic.  I even have a little photo assistant during his monthly photos...she would also like to be a chalkboard assistant.  I can already tell this is going to be much harder this time around.



Bear absolutely loves Ollie, it's like he knows he's waiting for his best buddy to get bigger.  You have to keep a close eye on Beary though or he will crawl right in to Oliver's carseat and head-but him. Charlie isn't being aggressive, it's just the way a Bear says "hello".


Look at these skinny little legs!



I love this little boy so much! It wasn't until the day he was born that I realized such a big part of our family was missing.  Having him in our lives, we feel complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment