Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patrick's Day

I hope the luck of the Irish was with you yesterday!  We celebrated St. Patrick's Day all weekend but oddly enough on the actual day I don't think it was even mentioned.  We must have been partied out or too full of corned beef and cabbage...either one.

We started Saturday with Elle's weekly gymnastics class.  Grammy & PawPaw attend just about every week but this week we had 2 surprise visitors, Aunt MiMi & Henry!  As soon as Elle saw Henry on the balcony watching her attention span went out the window.  She kept pointing to him and saying "Henny".  She was so excited to see him!

After gymnastics we headed over to mom and dads for some breakfast and then headed to the Cottleville St. Patrick's Day parade with Mary, Nick and Henry.







Elle loved the parade; she waved and said "hi" to every float as it passed.  We were so lucky, the weather was amazing!!






After the parade Nick and Eric left to make their tee time and Mary and I headed to grab a quick bite with the kiddos.  This day wiped Elle out!  That night I was telling her she gets to take a bath after dinner, she kept saying "no, night night".  I think it was still light out when she fell asleep, waving at floats all day is hard work y'all!





On Sunday Elle & Eric helped watched me bake St. Patrick's Day cupcakes.  Eric was able to convince me that licking the batter is no longer bad for you.  He said more tests were conducted and it was found to be harmless.  I have no idea if I should believe him but I gave in and handed a mixer to Elle which she happily accepted.





I topped our cupcakes with Lucky Charms, Elle really enjoyed helping me dig through the cereal for all the marshmallows.




She had an insane amount of Lucky Charms on Sunday which turned her into a feisty little lady.  Sugar rush + teeny tiny nap = hot mess.  A rather cute hot mess though. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment