Thursday, April 27, 2017

St. Patrick's Day!

This year for St. Patrick's day it was our first time we tried to catch a leprechaun.  It wasn't something we had originally planned to do (which is odd considering my love for holidays) but when I got to mom's house to pick up the kids the night before Henry and Charlie were talking about their leprechaun trap and I knew we would be doing one too. :) It was really fun and I will be MUCH more prepared for next year!

Here is Elle Belle with our leprechaun trap! By some random miracle I found the shamrock necklace that lights up, which we left on all night to entice the little Irish guy over to the cookie jar where we hoped the lid would fall on him and trap him. 

Elle made sure everything was set up perfectly before heading to bed.


Apparently the leprechaun also leaves treats (again, 2018 I'm going to be ready!) so some suckers were thankfully found and placed near the trap.

Elle woke up the next morning SO EXCITED to see if we caught a leprechaun. I was in the bathroom getting ready for work and she went to the kitchen to check.  She was gone so long...she told me she thought the green necklace we left out was him inside the jar. When she got the courage to walk over and check on him he wasn't there.  Although later that morning her story changed to she saw him in the kitchen and he ran away before I could see him. :)

I tried to get a picture of my babes in green but there was some sass happening.


By the time we got to my parents house they were happy and eating their suckers left behind by the leprechaun. 


That day I had made green yogurt with chocolate chips for their lunch at my mom's.  My mom sent me this picture to let me know they loved it!


Eric was working this night so we ended the day at home playing on the deck while I drank a glass of wine and made dinner.

Perfect day!


No comments:

Post a Comment