Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Strawberry Pickin'

I returned to work from maternity leave on Thursday, May 14th. So on Wednesday we decided to do something fun with the babies.  Eric was off and instead of staying home and crying all day we ventured out to Eckert's to pick strawberries.

We had gone to another Eckert's farm in the fall for apple picking and Elle LOVED it.  This time we hit up their main location for strawberry season. 




I wore Ollie in the baby carrier and he slept through most of the day.





Elle enjoyed it (not nearly as much as apple picking).  She had a harder time getting the strawberries off the vine, but that could just be because we went on the first day of the picking season.




Elle picked me a flower. :)











Once we boarded the bus back with our box of berries we let Elle pick out a toy in their gift shop (a Sven beanie baby), then hit the road for home.

It was a fun little day and helped keep my mind off the fact I was leaving my babies to go back to work in the morning.  I had a REALLY hard time going back when Elle was born but this time wasn't nearly as bad.  I worked full time up until the day before Oliver was born and went back as part-time (Wed-Fri). Being part-time has been such a blessing, we have fallen into this new schedule quite nicely. 

Being home with Elle and Ollie for 12 weeks was amazing.  Some days were long...but I was thankful to be there with them every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment