Thursday, January 29, 2015

Christmas Card Outtakes

Our Christmas card was nothing over the top this year.  One Sunday afternoon it was lightly snowing so I put together a little outfit for Elle and took that baby outside for some quick pictures.  Elle has never really had the chance to get bundled up and play in the snow.  Last winter we had several opportunities but it always seemed to fall on a time she had a cold or was just getting over one.  This winter the weather has been so mild (I should be knocking on wood as I type this).  If we are going to get snow I want it all before December 25th, after that the ship has sailed in my book.



Anyway, it was pretty cold out and I'm the crazy lady who has her 2 year old outside in a little poncho trying to get a good picture.  In between pictures I would throw her heavy winter coat on her. :)




I love these pictures of her trying to catch a snowflake on her tongue.  This was completely unprompted and just the reaction she had to seeing snowflakes falling around her.





About 20 minutes after we went back inside, I changed Elle and was putting her down for a nap.  It started snowing much harder and the grass was completely covered.  I briefly contemplated getting her dressed...again...and taking her back out for pictures with a blanket of snow but quickly changed my mind.  We got a picture that worked for our Christmas card, Elle got to sport her fancy red poncho from MawMaw & PawPaw and the hat she is wearing is the one she wore home from the hospital.  Granted it was waaay too big for her then and is a bit too small for her now but it worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment