Monday, December 22, 2014

Decking the Halls

I'm big on wanting to create Hylton family traditions.  This year I decided that every year we should pick a night to decorate the Christmas tree, order pizza, eat it right out of the box while we decorate and watch Christmas movies while putting the tree up.  My mind is constantly moving and creating different fun little scenarios like this so who knows what "tradition" I will up and decide we should roll with next year...but this year was perfect, messy but perfect.

Our tree is pretty big (maybe 10ft? I'm not good with measurements :) so for the past 2 years Eric has had it up and put together before we start the decorating process.  Elle and I came home with pizza and got to work!  First we "fluffed" the tree, Elle was a great helper.




Next, we started stringing the lights.  Elle was so concerned that they were hot that she just stood there and blew on them over and over trying to cool them off.
 


 

She had a little bit of trouble actually getting the ornaments to stay on the tree but she had fun trying.  A few days after the tree was up I bought her a pickle ornament to hide on the tree.  I have no idea where she hid that thing, I don't even know if it's on the tree.  We've had multiple people look for it and no one can find it, Henry is dying to know where that darn pickle is!



The finished product....




can't wait to load this baby up with presents!  I know a little girl who has been very good this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment