Friday, May 23, 2014

Mother's Day

“Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ”
Elizabeth Stone



I love this quote, it is able to capture just a glimmer of how Elle holds my heart.  She has it with her every day for the rest of my life.  My view on celebrating my own personal mother's day as a mom is that it's a celebration of this sweet girl who made me a mom.  I'm eternally grateful that God placed us together.  Every night as she's falling asleep I look at her and it baffles me that she grew inside me, it baffles me how much I love her, it baffles me that any person can be this happy.



I vividly remember being pregnant and sitting at the island at my parents house and my mom talking about the love a mother has for her children and to be prepared for that crazy amount of love.  I remember saying something along the lines of "I know mom, obviously I'm going to love her so much!".  I didn't know.  I had absolutely no idea until that night she was in my arms...and it just continues to grow everyday.  I finally know how my mom feels about her 3 kids.  I now understand her worries when we would go on trips or are driving, flying, going off to college, sick, etc.  I get it.  She's not a worrier (well, she is a little bit :)...she's a mom....the BEST MOM in the world! 





Eric and Elle spoiled me on Sunday with flowers and a "mom" necklace that I love (and dropped a pretty strong hint for :).  More than anything I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see these two out shopping together.  Considering Elle has a fairly strong opinion on things she likes and dislikes I'm guessing it's pretty comical.





We met the family for brunch at McGurk's on Sunday.  The babies were so excited to give their gifts to MawMaw.  They each picked out an item all by themself to give her.  Elle picked earrings and Henry picked a green scarf that he immediately wanted mom to try on.

Check out those curls!







 

 
Charlie Bear snoozed through brunch...


and Will boozed through brunch! :)
 

 


We are all so so lucky to have Momma Rita.  She not only is good to us 3 kids, she spoils Eric, Nick and Paige too and don't even get me started on Henry, Elle and Charlie. :)  She would do anything for any of us in a heartbeat no questions asked.  She is simply the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment