Thursday, July 18, 2019

Christmas Morning

I always sleep terrible Christmas Eve night. Elle and Ollie usually fall right asleep after a busy day and Elle is always so nervous Santa will skip over our house if she is awake. I toss and turn all night long from excitement!





The kids woke up around 8am ready to open presents!!!


They were both so excited to start opening all the presents.



I say this every year but Christmas morning will little kids is the best combination ever. I know this type of excitement and magic won't last forever so I really try to soak in these moments. 





Elle opened a few presents then wanted to take a break because she was so excited to pass out the presents she had bought for me and Eric. Her school does a Santa's Workshop where she can shop and have a gift wrapped for us that is a complete surprise. It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas morning to see what she picks out and to see how excited and proud she is of the gifts she picks. 


She bought Eric a flashlight that says "cool dad" and she picked out the prettiest coffee cup for me.
This year she also had picked out presents for her MawMaw & PawPaw!



Santa always goes way overboard on their stockings. Craziest thing but Santa always did the same thing with my stocking growing up...and as an adult. :)




This little boy got his gummy snakes!



Christmas morning for us is a perfect lazy day. The kids open presents, Eric puts some together then he sneaks back to bed for a long nap and the kids and I eat leftovers from our Christmas Eve breakfast, watch Christmas movies and play with all their new toys. It's just the BEST!

Also, you can see my new coffee cup from Elle below!


The art table from Santa was a huge hit!



There is a quote about being slow to pick up the mess of Christmas morning. This is the one day of the year I am happy to see a mess of toys all over the floor...until about 3:00 then I start tidying up because I am only human. :)




In the afternoon we head to my parents to keep the party going. 
It caught up with Dude and he took a little cat nap. 

New sunglasses, new jacket, new watch, new Paw Patrol car = one happy Dude


We arrived to Paddy hanging out in his new car. 


Ready to open more presents!


Spoiled rotten!


Mulligan cousins! 





MawMaw & PawPaw completely spoiled her with an American Girl doll!
Sidenote: she was playing with this doll the other day and Ollie said "Mom that doll keeps looking at me!" 


Wiped out from his first Christmas!


We had such a great Christmas this year!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment