Friday, November 10, 2017

Soccer

Last weekend Elle's first soccer season wrapped up. She had done both indoor and outdoor soccer clinics in the past but never a full season so we had no idea how she would do. The soccer clinics never really held her attention and after her first practice I was sure I had made a huge mistake signing her up but we had so much fun!! The game (by far) doesn't hold her attention the full time but when she has her little bursts of energy running after that ball it is the best thing ever!


Before her first game, she was ready to go!







And after her first game.  A happy girl and with a dollar from MawMaw and PawPaw. :)






My girl...full of sass! She wouldn't even pay attention to the ball half the time but her little arms would be out and ready to push anyone who came near her. She told me her PawPaw taught her that.





I begged her to try playing goalie one game and she did great!


She surprised me this weekend and asked to play goalie again. She had one shot on her and she leaped on the ball and saved it. :)


This was right after the game when she scored her FIRST GOAL!!! I was taking her to QT to celebrate with a slushie. :)


The game below was COLD and rainy!! But that didn't stop us from cheering loudly for #19!



Look at that little cluster of girls, all on the same team, all fighting each other for the ball!



Ollie loved going to the games every weekend. He would always sit in his little chair, usually enjoy a sucker and cheer "go sissy!!"



Elle told me that her favorite part of playing is when they line up at the end and shake hands. :)
She also LOVED our week to bring the snack because it meant I was at their bench at half time hanging out.  We were both equally excited about that. :)





All in all it was a great season. Elle had fun but I know we had more fun watching her. I had the BEST time in my lawn chair this Fall cheering on my FAVORITE girl!




No comments:

Post a Comment