Friday, February 12, 2016

Life Lately

It's Friday and we have hardly any plans this weekend, lazy weekend...yes please!

A couple Friday's ago I came home from work with surprises for Elle Belle. My friend at work, Sally, brought her a pink jewelry box and necklace and Elle loooved it.  She immediately went to her room looking for the perfect spot for it (aka: somewhere Ollie couldn't reach it).  I had also found her a new comforter from Target. It's Paris themed and she loves it. She has been sleeping in her bed the past few weeks.  I always start in bed with her and we watch a movie on the iPad and I rub her arm. Lately we have been watching the American Girl movie Grace in Paris or the new Frozen short Anna's Birthday.


The weather has been all over the place.  One weekend it's really nice and the next it's freezing and snowing.  Taking advantage of one of the nice days by playing outside. 



One of our Christmas gifts from Mom and Dad was dinner at PF Changs and babysitting.  Here is Elle all ready to head to the popcorn party at MawMaw & PawPaw's house. She had so much fun!!

And how adorable is my girl. I just adore her. 


The six of us out for a fun dinner!  We had the best time!!


The morning after the popcorn party.  I think she was coming down from a sugar high.  This was her smile.


Coloring an Oliver Russell original. 


And an Eleanor Bailey original painting!


After lunch we were waiting for the cable company to come for some upgrades we added to our service.  I was calling out to her from the kitchen and when she didn't respond I realized she had randomly fallen asleep again! 


On this morning Eric and I took Elle for a tour of the preschool she will be attending in August.  She was so excited to go to school, she even wanted to wear her backpack.

She was very quiet during the tour, which didn't surprise me.  As we were walking to the building she told me she was going to tell them her name was Buzz. :)  Once inside she was pretty quiet and didn't answer any of their questions (name, age, etc.).

After our tour we took her out to breakfast where she told us over and over that she was excited. 

I am so nervous for her first day, for both her and me.  Eric has said he's not sure if he wants to be off of work her first day or just work so he can miss the tears...I'm not sure but I think he is referring to my tears.  I told him he has no option, he has to be there to physically remove me from the school.  It's only a couple days a week for a few hours a day so I pray it's a smooth transition for her.  Can't believe my sweet girl is already old enough for school. 


This boy is a big fan of peek-a-boo.  He was lifting this cover over his head and playing with me. 



Chick-Fil-A date with our favorite peeps!

It is so crazy that Mary and I are now to the point where we can just grab a table right next to the play area and the kids are old enough to play by themselves while we sit at the table and talk.  Well, Oliver sits with us at the table but he is pretty content sitting on my lap. :)

I love watching our kids interact with other kids in the play area. Our babes are pretty talkative and crazy but if you are someone new they won't make a peep. They are starting to open up when playing with other kids. Elle told me later that one little boy was saying she was a baby but another kid stuck up for her and said "no, she's a big girl!".  It may have something to do with Elle telling them she was 5. The girl knows she is 3. 


This baby Bear was happy to smile for the camera. How stinkin cute is he?!!?


And my Hensy, the life of every party. 



Sharing their ice cream with Ollie.  Ollie LOVES ice cream!!  He gets so angry if you don't have a bite ready for him. 


Super Bowl party at mom and dad's house!  All the babes making their bets. 

See that glass bowl of chocolates...I'm fairly certain Elle and Henry polished that off before kickoff.


Movies are starting to hold Ollie's attention.  Toy Story, Minions and Elmo are his favorites.  Oliver wanted to lay on Elle's purple couch so badly!! My birthday boy may be getting one of these very soon. ;)


We headed to Jen and Cory's house earlier this week to see Elle and Ollie's new cousin, Conner.

Oliver looked so big sitting at the table!


Elle loved Conner, when he would cry she would say, "I think he wants me."

The oldest Hylton cousin and the youngest.


This silly boy is all over the place. I don't remember Elle being so into everything at this age. Oliver loves to grab anything he can off of shelves, the fireplace, doors, cabinets.  Everything.


He wants to be just like his sissy!


At our house we will be having a lazy weekend with some Valentine's day celebrating on Sunday. It's a family holiday for the Hylton's so we are thinking maybe some takeout and we have some gifts for the kids.   Should be a fun weekend. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment