Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Cheers to 6 years

After our fun apple picking adventure Eric and I hit the rode for Chicago Saturday morning.  Actually our first stop was Mary's house to drop Elle off for a weekend of fun.  She rotated between Mary's house and my mom and dad's over the weekend.

Our first stop in Chicago was IKEA, of course!  I love IKEA, I could spend all day there...Eric doesn't share the love.  He was a trooper and shopped with me, we left with a new bed for Elle's big girl room, a step stool so she could help in the kitchen, little side table, chalkboard easel for Elle for Christmas and some Christmas decorations.  Successful shopping trip...for Elle at least!

After Ikea we checked into our hotel downtown then headed out for dinner.  Cheers with beers and root beers. :)



When we were walking back to our hotel from dinner a group stopped us and asked if we wanted to come into the church and light a candle.  I had been suspicious of the church being the one in My Best Friends Wedding so I was up for it...and I also wanted to say a prayer...it wasn't all about the movie set. Honest.  I'm still not 100% sure if it was the church from the movie but I'm thinking it was, wish I would have taken a picture.




The next morning we walked to breakfast where Eric may of had his most favorite breakfast of his life.  Actually it was the meal I ordered (Santa Fe Fritata) but he was obsessed and talked about it the rest of the trip.  We had lunch reservations at RPM, I have been wanting to try this restaurant on our last couple trips to Chicago.  It's the restaurant owned by Giuliani & Bill Rancic.  The pasta I ordered came with a raw egg on top and a little man that personally sliced and diced it to shreds right in front of me.  We were dying. 




I always say this little bbaby in my belly is going to be a mini Eric Russell and even the foods I'm craving are some of Eric's favorites.  Like spaghetti, I hate spaghetti but ended up switching plates with Eric because his meal looked and smelled so yummy.  There is a mini Italian baby making all food choices for me these days.




After lunch I hit up Michigan Ave for some shopping (after walking a million miles in the wrong direction, my poor prego feet were awarded with new boots :) and Eric hit up a liquor store to stock up on some of his favorite beers that aren't sold in St. Louis.

I had started reading Gone Girl on our drive to Chicago in the car and was determined to finish it so we could see the movie while away.  I don't think Eric and I had been to a movie together since before Elle was born.  We had tickets to a dine in theatre so we planned on eating dinner there.  On our walk back to the hotel before the movie we decided to pop in M Burger and share a snack since we were starving.  Our snack turned into sharing a bacon cheeseburger, fries and we each got an ice cream.  Mine was this delightful peanut butter crunch dip cone.  I've been dreaming about M Burger ever since...again the mini Eric Russell I'm growing, I would normally never order a cheeseburger...ever!




Monday morning we got up early and hit the road, we were both excited to see Elle...who probably wishes we would go out of town more often, she was having the time of her life with her MiMi and MawMaw and PawPaw.  She got to go to my cousin Cordie's baby shower, hang with her best buds Henry & Charlie and go to the Pumpkin Patch where she rode a pony.  She's a very lucky little lady...and so am I for having a husband take the time to plan something special for our anniversary.  Now if I could just get him to drive the 5 hours to M Burger because I'm having a craving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment