Monday, July 7, 2014

Father's Day

This year for Father's Day we celebrated with Eric in the morning and my dad in the afternoon.  Eric worked Saturday night so when he got home Sunday morning we had breakfast ready started and were able to enjoy some time with him before he went to sleep.  He also had to work Sunday night so this was our only time to spend with him. :(  The day before Elle and I finished up our shopping, we got him a Bass Pro gift card and framed a cut out of Elle's hand-print.  I took Elle to Target to let her pick out a card.  She was pretty dead-set on a dancing and singing Hamburger card that was $8 (!!!) but changed her mind when she saw on Elmo card.  It read "To Dad from your Son" but I was happy to cross out son, replace it with daughter and save about $5. :)

Elle is so lucky to have Eric as a daddy.  I will never forget the night she was born and how ecstatic Eric was.  Women get 40 weeks of falling in love with a baby before they're born and for Eric it hit him like a ton of bricks that night...and Elle has had him wrapped around her little finger ever since.



In the afternoon we headed over to mom and dad's to celebrate my #1 dad.  We are all so lucky to have him.  My dad passed on the trait to both Mary and I to get out and have experiences with our kids.  He was always taking us to the Zoo, Science Center, Magic House, New Kids on the Block, Six Flags, Barbie on Ice, etc.  I remember loving these little adventures so much as a kid so it's something I've already started with Elle, I mean we already have our tickets for Frozen on Ice in February 2015. :)  Plus, there is something to be said about a dad who will withstand thousands of screaming kids at a New Kids on the Block concert...he's a keeper!   My dad is someone who has always put his family first.  He has worked hard his entire life to give his family so many amazing things and experiences.  A cute car when I turned 16, you bet.  An unforgettable trip to Disney World, absolutely.  The wedding of my dreams, of course...and the list goes on and on and on.



Not only is he amazing to me, he has my sweet Eleanor absolutely spoiled and is always there when Eric and I need a hand with something.  He treats this little Hylton family like gold and we are forever grateful for him.  Love you, dad!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment