Tuesday, April 29, 2014

30

I had such a fun time celebrating my 30th birthday!  To me all birthdays are fun, I have yet to ever dread one.  Presents, German chocolate cake and fun times with family and friends, yes please!  Honestly it is a total mind trip to be out of my 20's, they were fun but I'm so happy and grateful with where my life is now.  Wouldn't switch places with 20 year old me for anything.

Friday night really solidified how out of my 20's I really am.  After Henry's soccer the whole family headed to 2 Shamrocks for dinner and to watch the Blues game.  Mary and I sat down and before we could even order food decided it was too loud and crowded for the babes. #momproblems  So off to Chick-Fil-A we went where the babes could eat and play as they pleased. And it was so. much. fun!

On Saturday Eric left for KC for State Bowling and Elle and I headed to the Meadows for some shopping.  Elle lost her lovey in Old Navy which made for a very depressing ride home.  She cried for "wove wove" the whole way home, thank goodness I have back-up lovey's!

Saturday night Mary organized a fun night out for my birthday.  Mary, Paige and I met a couple of my friends at Painting With A Twist which is a fun place where you bring snacks and drink wine all while painting.  I think we paid more attention to the wine than our painting's but that just made things more fun.





Afterwards we headed to Massa's for more drinks and finally Will came to pick up 3 drunk chicka's.



On Sunday I headed over to Mom and Dad's for my bday celebration and dinner of my choice (Grandma's soup, rolls and German Chocolate cake).  My mom always choose the exact same dinner growing up for her birthday.  She is the Ethyl to my Lucy. :)

I was completely spoiled for my bday! Gift cards, new sandals, chocolate covered Oreo's, candles, new throw, scarf plus tons of other fun things in mama Rita's world famous birthday basket and some gorgeous earrings from my boys that Henry picked out himself.  I treasure those things more than diamonds.





On Monday my work friends spoiled me with yummy food and flowers.  Plus a commercial shoot we had with the Cardinals just so happened to fall on my birthday so I got to spend part of the day at Busch Stadium watching Matt Adams record a commercial for Step Up to Down Syndrome.  Fun day at work!




When I got home I walked in to this love bug excitedly holding a present for "mama".  Eric took Elle to Von Maur and let her pick out a present for me.  She picked some gold Sperry Espadrille shoes.  I love them and I love even more that she picked them!!  Eric said they were in the shoe section and she pointed to them and said "Mama", the girl knows I love gold, sparkly and leopard print!  My present from Eric was hand picked by moi when we were at Ikea in Chicago a few weeks back.




Next we headed to a yummy dinner at BC's Kitchen.  Elle danced and talked on the phone and was just all around perfectly adorable.




I'm such a lucky lucky lady, could not have asked for a better 30th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment